Your Scrub Cap Was Made
Just For You
We specialise in great fitting, sustainable Scrub Caps for all sectors of theatres and even cancer patients.
We have the widest range of sizes and inclusive styles with custom embroidery and satin lining available.
Choose A Company That Cares About
Scrub Cap Solutions
We started before it became cool in the pandemic and offer the most bespoke and custom packages for individuals to whole hospitals.
Get The Perfect Fit
We have 4 main styles with bespoke inclusive styles for Turban and Hijab wearers. With 5 sizes and flat pricing we are able to offer mix and match so no one is left out.
Made Under One Roof
We aren't just a sales organisation outsourcing production but finishing everything under one roof to ensure the highest quality control.
From carbon offsetting more than we produce (inc delivery to you) and providing facilities like recycling for trusts without access means our caps go the extra mile.
We are obsessed with sustainable, great fitting and long lasting scrub caps that we make to order in the UK.
Scrub Cap Top Tips
Wear It Your Way
We offer bespoke solutions for individuals and whole hospitals to get scrub caps that fit and also can be customised to the users needs.
Type Of Fabric
When you first come to Medicuscaps.com there might be a bit of an overwhelm in terms of where to start. We have lots of different options and this post will break down the best way to find the cap you are after.
First what type of fabric are you looking for? We offer:
- Plain Solid colour fabrics, great for embroidery.
- Patterned Prints + Licensed prints like Disney.
- Custom Printed Scrub Caps with your own design or one made by us.
Next once you have found the listing of the type of fabric you want then you need to consider your style of cap that will give you the most comfort. Do you have lots or no hair? Do you like to tie back or just have elastic.
The main styles we offer are:
A - Elastic back
Great for hair that is tied up in a little bun or if you like to wear a cap without ties. This is for full coverage of hair and over ears. Choosing a smaller size will mean a more fitted look if you have shorter hair.
B - Bouffant
This is only available in plain colour prints or custom prints due to the excess fabric. This is for very long hair like dreadlocks or large afro.
C - Captain
This is for those that need their ears free for loops or work in an environment where you don't need your hair covered completely.
D - Bandana
This is the classic bandana that covers ears and ties at the back. Our ties are built in so no worry of them being pulled off.
Hijab / Turban and other specialist types of scrub caps are made to order as well so no one is left out.
Next is the sizing of your cap and this comes down to your head size and also how you like to wear it. Some like it smaller and tighter, others opting for a comfort fit.
Ideally measure your head and then you are less likely to be disappointed. We have given them sizes like Small/Medium but this is more in reference to the other styles.
We then have lots of options you can choose to customise your scrub cap.
Elastic Backed Satin Lining
The elastic and bouffant scrub caps have the options for Satin lining inside the scrub cap. Generally these styles are chosen by people that have a lot of hair and want to keep form having a helmet hair do after wearing a scrub cap for hours and hours.
You then also have the option for using Latex Free Elastic in the banding at the back of the cap.
Embroidery of name and role is our most common ask but we essentially can do any text or digitise images that are vectors (it's not the same as a real picture transfer)
There are a few considerations when doing embroidery:
- We charge per placement. This means you can choose a logo or text on 4 spots on the scrub cap. Front, Left when wearing, Right when Wearing and the back. The most space is generally at the sides with the back having the smallest area to embroider on.
- If you have text and a logo on the same side of a cap that counts as just one placement and just a logo cost.
Text Embroidery Considerations
- Colour contrast of text means that a contrasting is a colour that will clearly stand out such as white text on a black cap.
- Colour blending of text means that on a black cap we would use a grey text so you can see it but it's not as contrasting and easy to see form a far.
- Text sizing varies depending on the number of characters in the text. Use a // to indicate a line break. We can advise if we think the overall writing will be either too big or too small and consult before embroidering.
Logo Embroidery Considerations
- We can't embroider photo images onto scrub caps unless you have had them digitised by someone else. The amount of time it takes to turn photos into embroidery is very lengthy and so no cost effective for anyone.
- We can't do copyrighted images without permission. As much as we would like to just be able to embroidery anything you want on your caps we aren't able too if you don't own the rights to reproduce the image. This means we have to find alternatives like for instance instead of a Winnie the Pooh we find a bear eating honey.
- We recommend vector images because they have clear block colours that translate well to embroidery. We recommend using freepik.com and searching under Vector images. We have a commercial license with them to reproduce any images.
Embroidery is very very long lasting but another consideration if you just wanted your own pattern of surgical cap with a company logo all over the cap then a custom fabric will be a more efficient way to go.
This is because to achieve this with embroidery you are going to have to pay because of the multiple placements.
Being able to make bespoke solutions for you and your teams can mean the options get a bit overwhelming so it's easy to just pop us an email and jump on a call to quickly narrow it down.
Bulk Order Scrub Caps From 10 to 10,000+
We manufacture high-quality, sustainable and inclusive reusable scrub caps. These have been designed to provide comfort, bring your staff together and support your hospital / trust reach their sustainability goals.
Why choose Medicus Scrub Caps?
For your staff:
- Satin lining options for comfort.
- Latex Free elastic as standard.
- Inclusive designs for hijabs and turbans.
- Sizes from XS to 2XL (in some style).
- Scrub caps made in the UK.
- Embroidered caps with names and roles ensures that staff do not get misidentified.
For the Hospital / Trust:
- 100% carbon neutral production process, showcasing your hospital's commitment to sustainability.
- End of life scrub cap recycling service available for those without facilities to do so.
- VAT exemption for NHS Trusts and charities, ensuring you get the most out of your budget.
- Bulk and wholesale discounts for larger orders from 50 caps.
- Designed and made in the UK, ensuring top-quality products and supporting the UK manufacturing sector.
- RFID tags available for commercial/industrial laundry integration.
- Better team integration, by having the names and roles on the hats.
- All scrub caps are made to your specifications
For your patients:
- By featuring names and roles embroidered on the caps, allows them to able to interact with the staff more effectively.
- Colours for different departments help better identify staff.
By partnering with us, your hospital will showcase commitment to sustainability, employee well-being, and inclusivity. This will make your hospital stand out among healthcare professionals and patients alike.
The Long Game
Here at Medicus Caps we are focused on making sure we make caps in the most eco friendly way so they have an even bigger positive impact on the world compared to disposable scrub caps.
Our parent company La Romi takes the same approach across the board. Paying workers more than living wages. Responsibly sourcing materials for your beautiful scrub caps and making to order so there is as little waste as possible.
We are striving all the time to make sustainable moves from renewable power for our machines to proper disposal of all waste that can be recycled.
100% Cotton Scrub Caps
We went with 100% cotton to reduce the use of plastic compared the the polycotton mixes. This also means it can handle more washes but we are still testing.
Our Scrub caps are also hypoallergenic and by December 2022 all our elastic will be Latex Free.
Scrub Caps Made To Order
One of the biggest ways we save resources and cut down on waste is making all scrub hats to order. This means we are never over stocked or have hundreds of caps in a warehouse somewhere hoping someone will buy.
This also means our quality control is second to none. Your order is made just how you like it and we encourage anyone choosing Medicus scrub caps to leave notes on their order for tweaks to make their cap perfect.
Treating Our Staff Properly
We are proud to be paying our staff a living wage for their work and invest a lot in training and culture of making the best products we can for all our customers. Staff should be in comfortable conditions and able to do their best work!
Now Carbon Neutral
We have finally been able to be verified as carbon neutral. We have more information on carbon neutral scrub caps here.
Get Your Ties Sorted
This is the above ear Captain style Vs the Classic Bandana style for coverage of ears and back of your head.
Before/after Bouffant Tied
Compare tied and untied version of our bouffant style for those with lots of amazing hair they need to protect.
No Tied Bouffant