Our First Round Up
Even though we have been going before the pandemic 2020, feels like a real milestone for so many reasons so we wanted to get them all down.
The core reason for starting Medicus Caps was to make a real difference in a large scale from something small like a scrub cap. We have made lots of decisions early on to ensure our product was the best market fit and as of 2022 we are:
- First scrub cap company to be 100% carbon neutral, from manufacturing to delivering it to you (worldwide)
- 100% Cotton for our caps as poly-cottons being 60%+ plastic don't align with our sustainable goals.
- We make all scrub caps to order so we can reduce waste and get the most out of the fabric for sizes people order.
- We have a recycling partner that can cater for recycling the scrub caps when they come to the end of their life.
- We make them all in the UK under the same roof as our shipping and designing. We believe having everyone in one room allows us to get the best out of everything.
- We've donated nearly 7,000 years worth of vitamins to fighting neglected tropical diseases.
2022 has been a key milestone for the development of the scrub hats thanks to feedback from customers:
- 4 core sizes of scrub caps with now an extra 2XL for female to help fit even more hair in.
- Satin lined caps for the elastic style for those that want a bit more protection for their hair.
- More base range of colours to cater not only for surgery but dentists, veterinarians and even chefs.
- Latex free in the elastic backing
- 0% VAT for qualifying UK organisations thanks to our agreement with HMRC.
2023 and beyond
We are super excited with such a solid base and wealth of knowledge from our products and processes from the past 6 years. We believe we can make a real difference not only to clients but their patients and the planet.