What Will Infection Control Say About Reuse-able Caps?
Infection control Coming Around = More and more studies and practices are coming so momentum is shifting from the original norm. See More Below:
Infection Control Studies:
- Haskins IN, et al. Hernia. 2017.‘There is no association between the type of surgical hat worn and the incidence of postoperative wound events.’
- Hussain S, et al. Neurosurgery, Volume 82, Issue 4, 1 April 2018, Pages 548–554.‘Mandatory Change From Surgical Skull Caps to Bouffant Caps Among Operating Room Personnel Does Not Reduce Surgical Site Infections in Class I Surgical Cases.’
- Markel T et al, Journal of the American College of Surgeons. October 2017. Volume 225, Issue 4, Supplement 2, Pages e29–e30‘When compared to cloth skull caps, disposable bouffants had greater permeability, greater particulate contamination, and greater passive microbial shed.’
- Kothari SN, et al. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2018.‘Attending surgeon preference for bouffant vs skull cap does not significantly impact SSI rates after accounting for surgical procedure type.’
- Elmously et al. Journal of the American College of Surgeons. 2018.Implementation of the AORN guidelines has not decreased SSIs and has increased healthcare costs.
- Journal of Hospital Infection 2002 – There is no need for non scrubbed theatre staff to wear disposable headgear
4/5 Physicians Misidentified For Role
More than 200 internal medicine residents, male and female, at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston were given staff badges displaying their occupational title ("Doctor"). Two months later, 111 of them completed a survey (55.0% of them women) and four out of five participants reported having been misidentified in the past.
Women were more than three times as likely than men to say they had experienced role misidentification in the past.
Learn more about Scrub Caps
We really are focused on providing not only the best service but collecting the most information on scrub caps and the benefits for your organisation and its patients. You can find our main article on everything you need to know about scrub caps here.
A Study of Different Operating Room Headgear Assessed by Environmental Quality Indicators
Study design: Disposable bouffant and skull cap hats and newly laundered cloth skull caps were tested. A mock surgical procedure was used in a dynamic operating room environment. Airborne particula...Read more
We are super excited to release a great tracking function that is built for tracking your Medicus Scrub Cap orders but really you can use it with any tracking to get detailed results. (let me know)...Read more